Where are they now?

As Preservation of Wilson continues to grow, there are an increased number of properties that are under renovation. Where are they now? is an opportunity to get to know the folks renovating the houses which they purchased by Preservation of Wilson. Join us as we share the story of the historic structure, introduce the folks who have purchased this historic property, and travel through the renovation experience with them.

RESTORED

SOLD
$19,000
More Details
210 Moss Street210 Moss Street

This Colonial Revival house was built in 1913. It is a large two-story home with great potential. There are four bedrooms upstairs and one downstairs. The porch has one of the best views in Wilson.
SOLD
$165,000
More Details
3415 London Church Road3415 London Church Road

This pre-Civil War house was the home of Joshua Barnes, known as “the Father of Wilson County”. The house was built in 1844 as an addition to a pre-existing Federal style home. The home maintains the architectural distinctiveness and flavor of the antebellum southern plantation home.
SOLD
Restoration Partners

$63,000
More Details
209 Broad Street209 Broad Street

The C. W. Stokes House, circa 1925, was designed by architect, S. B. Moore for Stokes, a Wilson clothing merchant. It is a clipped-gable, brick-veneered bungalow with a porte-cochere, one and ½ story with a brick-veneered first floor and a stuccoed upper story.
SOLD
$75,200
More Details
115 Whitehead Avenue115 Whitehead Avenue

This bungalow, circa 1910, is one of only a few entirely stuccoed bungalows in Wilson. Landmark status offering 50% reduction in local property taxes.

UNDER RESTORATION

SOLD
$20,000
"Save this Old House"

This Old House Magazine,
June, 2011
More Details
304 W. Vance Street304 W. Vance Street

The Gold Harrell House is an impressive Queen Ann style house built circa 1884 for prominent Wilson minister and publisher Pleasant Daniel Gold (1833-1920) by one of Wilson’s foremost builders, James W. Wilkins.
SOLD
$70,000
More Details
501 Broad Street501 Broad Street

Built in 1898, this outstanding flamboyant Queen Anne style architecture was designed by nationally-known architect George Barber. Original mantels, stair banister and newel posts remain. Turned spindle decoration remains over the door that leads from the hall to the rear of the house.
SOLD
$7,500
"Save this Old House"

This Old House Magazine,
March, 2010
More Details
219 Broad Street

This Greek Revival cottage was an endangered property and saved through the efforts of This Old House magazine. Circa 1913, this is Wilson architecture at its finest.
SOLD
$25,000
More Details
1104 West Nash Street1104 West Nash Street

This modest, one-and-a-half story frame Colonial Revival cottage was built in 1925 for H. Paul Yelverton, the vice-president of the Thomas-Yelverton Company, a prominent Wilson furniture store and funeral home business that continues today.

Comments are closed.